Traditionally, a spritzer was seen as a "fake cocktail" - a way to enjoy a fancy drink if you didn't really know how to make one. Well, that is no more! Whether you enjoy the basic wine and club soda version, or want to mix it up a bit, the possibilities are endless (and easy) for keeping your summer classy, cool, and fun. Nothing says "summer" like fresh and fruity, so make it up as you go along, or try out some recipes listed below. But remember, the best spritzer is suuuuuper cold - so pop that wine and soda into the freezer before you pour, and don't forget the ice! Our suggestions for the best wines to use? We'll share that below too...
1. Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer: lemonade and pureed strawberries
2. White Peach Spritzer: freshly squeezed white peach (or peach juice)
3. Citrus Spritzer with Mint: freshly squeezed blood oranges and grapefruit, 1 tsp of brown sugar, mint leaves
4. Blackberry Mint: a splash of Junction 56 Black Raspberry liqueur, mint leaves and blackberries
5. Mango and Cinnamon: mango juice and a shake of cinnamon
Be sure to stock up on these delicious wines as your best options for being spritzer ready
Cooper's Hawk "Mantra"
Quai Du Vin "Signature White"
Frisky Beaver "Ravishing Riesling"
Sprucewood Shores "Lakeside Red"
Alton Farm's "Ridge Red"
Cooper's Hawk "Baco Foch"